Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8th 2011

Well, I am almost a week out from another round of chemo.  I havent been that sick this time...I think it has a TON to do with the fact that I dont have staph or strep throat this time around.  I think those things kinda did me in last round.  More than anything, I am exhausted and always uncomfortably hot. 
My kids wear me out so easily and I find that I dont have as much patience as I typically do. 
However, I still feel blessed for small things...I think about those things often..Like, I am very grateful that my kids are actually so young and dont know the difference, or the social stigma, of me not having hair.  I am glad that they dont know yet to feel embarrassed of how I look.  Right now, its funny for them to run their hands on my head and laugh, saying that it tickles!  If they were older and I felt like they were embarrassed of me, I would be heartbroken. 
Im not gonna lie, its hard to see people drive by when I am sitting on my front porch without my wig, and see them take a double take...like its so strange to see a girl with a bald head.  (And yes, a few times this week, I have gone out without a wig because its been soooo hot!) 
Other things, I am blessed to have had my sister stay with me for five days and sit and talk with me, and also FORCE me to clean, sort and box up baby clothes for a garage sale this week.  Its sad that I am getting rid of some of their clothes...but also absolutely necessary.  I always was holding on to the clothes for that in-case-we-get-pregnant- again baby.  Now there is a finitive reason to just get rid of them. 
Im blessed with absolutely great friends.  People who are always there to talk if I need it and check in on me when they know I have another appointment or something going on.  Friends who are a constant support.  Its kinda humbling, really.  It sucks that I had to get cancer, but I do truly, honestly feel very loved.
OK, well, this blog is hard to write today, because Daisy likes to attack my fingers as I type.  I dont have a whole lot more to say.  I feel pretty decent this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment