Its October 1st, meaning Breast Cancer Awareness Month has kicked off! Today Dan and I, with the kids, took part in the Pink Ribbon 5k Run/Walk (emphasis on WALK) in Cedar Falls. Gena, her boyfriend, Tyler and my good friend Stacy Doughan and her daughter Courtney joined us. It was so good to get out and see sooo much support in one place. (So much pink) Crossing the finish line, I felt a little emotional, even though I had just walked the whole way. It felt great to be a part of something where so many people come out to support and encourage the survivors or people going through the whole process right now.
Yesterday, I found out that although I am going to be done with the drug Taxol for good, I am not nearly done with chemo. I am also doing herceptin with the taxol right now, and was told that I will be continuing to get herceptin treatments for another 9 months. So, boo! I thought I was almost done. Not close. The good thing is herceptin doesnt affect my hair, so after I am done with taxol, I will still start growing hair back. Thats fun. My head is pretty darn cold these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment