OK, so Im starting to get bummed.
Up until yesterday, I have been able to joke around about how I am gonna get implants and a blond wig and pretend Im Pamela Anderson. Man, Dan will LOVE this!! HA! :)
Yesterday, I went to the plastic surgeons office to have my consult before surgery next week. I will admit that I was kinda even excited about this appointment. But when I went there, I was in for a little bit of a shock. I asked to be able to see pictures of reconstructive surgeries done previously. It was about 1230, and I hadnt ate lunch....And Im glad I hadnt! I felt kinda sick. I dont think I realized or even began to imagine how RAW a mastectomy is. I didnt realize how much time and pain this is going to involve.
Since yesterday I have kinda been bummed. Surgery is starting to freak me out and Ive had a hard time sleeping. I am exhausted and I dont know if its emotionally, physically or mentally.
Thats me today. Dont even feel like writing much because my attitude stinks today!
It will get better, I know it.
Val - I'm so sorry to hear what challenges you're facing. You are such a strong person and will get through this. You have a great support system and have so many people who will do anything you need to help you heal. Take care and let me know if there's anything I can do for you!
ReplyDeleteVal, everything is gonna be fine! You just need to take care of YOURSELF for a while, and allow those who love you take care of the rest!
ReplyDeletePraying for you this week. You are such an amazing person, and I am blessed to have you as a friend. I'm here for you like you have always been there for me! Love ya! Stacy
ReplyDelete