Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 26th 2011

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I cant stay off the computer, even when I am in the hospital. But give me a break, this isnt the most entertaining place to be. I have to have something to do to keep my sanity.
Heres how everything has gone so far:
Thursday, I got here at 930, and was expected to go into surgery at 1030, but they must have been behind or had operating rooms occupied bc I didnt go into surgery til 1130. It was not fun to wait that long, and just caused me to have so much more anxiety.
When I got into the operating room, all I can remember is them switching me onto the other bed, and thats it. I woke up in the brightest lit room I think I have ever experienced. I was in the recovery room. I finally got to my hospital room at 630.
I was very sore, and sooo out of it Thursday night. My parents and Dan were here, and they told me that everything went great. There was no involvement in my lymph nodes, so that is a great thing. It had been seven hours since I had seen them so I think that they were relieved to see that I was ok...I cant imagine waiting that long for a loved one to get out of surgery. I would be going nuts. But the doctors were great and each came out to tell them how each surgery went.
My friend Ericka came Thursday night and brought Dan something to eat (Thanks, Ericka!). I feel bad bc I was still soo groggy and I couldnt even really see straight. I ended up passing out while she was here.
Thursday and Friday I had a hard time just being able to sit up by myself and bc they were pumping me full of so many fluids, Dan had to help me go to the bathroom only about 30 times. Hes been such a trooper. I couldnt do ANYTHING really without his help. Thats kinda hard for me, since I want to be able to do everything myself. I hate to be a real inconvenience to him or anyone.
Friday, I rested still. Although I couldnt and still cant sleep for long periods of time. Each time I would wake up, I would push my morphine button to get some more relief. I dont know how exactly to explain how it feels. I am very sore, and feel kinda swolen but its not a full throttle pain, like you would expect. I cant move my arms as well as I want to, but Im getting better even with that slowly. Friday afternoon, they took me off morphine, and started me on oral pain killers.
We have had wonderful nurses and staff. Everyone is so very nice and caring. We also have a friend who is a nurse manager...I am not sure what her title is for sure, but she had told the nurses before we got up here to treat me like royalty. Lol. I appreciate it so much.
Friday evening, my friend Tracy came to see me. We joked around and it was nice to have her here. I dont feel as bad as I thought I would and visitors are nice to just keep me entertained. My cousin, Brandon and his wife, Abbey came Friday evening too, bringing Dan tons of food and me some sweatpants and cute slippers. It was all very thoughtful and kind. I had a good time catching up and talking to them.
In the night, last night, I was determined to get out of bed and go to the bathroom and walk around without having to have Dan help me. So I maneuvered a way to get out of bed myself. I even took a walk around the halls.
I feel like I am doing really well. But the pain killers could be tricking me. Who knows? I am still not sure if I will leave today or tomorrow. I would personally like to stay another night, even though its boring, but would like to give myself a little more time to heal and get stronger before going home to my chaos. But I also miss my babies. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Val you were in surgery for 7 hours! I would have been worried if you DIDN'T fall asleep! You were up and talking to me for a good few hours though, that's pretty good. I'm glad I could at least offer a little bit of help. You are doing great, I'm so proud of you! Glad you're back home and recovering. Love you!

    ReplyDelete