We had a great and busy, long weekend for the Easter holiday. We were all exhausted lastnight and Alayna fell asleep maybe 5 minutes into our 2 hours drive home from our family get together.
Today I had my first "fill" or expansion. I was told that I would be sore but so far, four hours later, I feel fine. They feel a little heavier, and a little tighter. But I am doing fine, and kinda excited for the next appointment next week.
My great high school (and elementary school) friend, Tracy drove me to Des Moines today for the appointment. Not only is this very nice if she lived here, but she lives in Cedar Rapids. So she drove to our house in Waverly, down to Des Moines, back to Waverly and then back to Cedar Rapids. A ton of driving. So I appreciate it a ton. It was very fun just getting to talk to her and gossip a bit. (I am always up for a little gossip!) :) I thought it would be nice to bring Alayna along for the trip because she is always talking about me going to the doctor...And with Tracy going, they could keep eachother company and drive eachother nuts if my appointment was long.
My fill literally took MAYBE twenty minutes. Two hour drive each way for a twenty minute appointment. Thats crazy.
Its been a month since my surgery. I am physically feeling much better. I feel stronger. I can lift and hold the kids and lift my own butt off the couch. Amazing, I know.
Tomorrow morning, I meet with my oncologist in Waterloo, Dr. Singh. My parents and Dan are going with and we are going to go over the pathology report and determine my treatment plan. Just another step in the journey...
Wednesday, I have a wig-fitting appointment. I am a little excited for this because I told the girl that I wanted Kim Kardashian hair. So she is pulling all the long, dark wigs for me to try on. Maybe I will love my wig more than my real hair!
Not a whole lot is up. Tomorrow, I will have more news on what my treatment is going to look like.
No comments:
Post a Comment